|Last year, a Sarawakian won this scholarship so I'm going to encourage as many Sarawakian students to apply as I can!|
Thank you, BV, for thinking of us in the East!
As the government is cutting back on scholarships, I'm very glad that this Malaysian corporation has not. Did I mention that a Sarawakian was awarded last year? So proud. Thankful to BV. Dear BV, what you do for one of my brethren, you do for me. So, I'm going to help you do the same this year!
If you're from Sarawak, help a deserving Sarawakian student win this by SHARING!!
If you're not from Sarawak... no need. Don't read.
Seriously, I'm encouraging you to apply regardless of what you think are your chances of getting it. I had my doubts about getting my Fulbright scholarship too. What I did was I stopped focusing on what I didn't have & made the best of what I did have. Everybody has got something unique to contribute to the world no matter how small you think yours is.
Anyway, what's the worst that could happen? That's right, NOTHING.
You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Go for it! You have my blessing!
- Aim: to assist those who may otherwise not have had the chance to pursue their dreams
- Awards: 3 to be received
- Deadline: On or before 30 April 2016
- Value: FULL-scholarship covering tuition fees, laptop, accommodation and living allowance
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- There is NO bond with Bangsar Village. The only criteria is try and further this ‘spirit of assistance’.
- Malaysian citizen aged 17-20
- Minimum STPM grades: 3 As
- Family household income not exceeding RM 4,000 per month
- Plans to pursue the following disciplines : Engineering, Maths, Science, & Technology
- Received an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree programme from any local public institution (those already pursuing a degree are not eligible)
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities
- Not presently holding other scholarships or study loans.
- Download the official application form provided below & fill it in full
- Provide 2 character references
- Provide family income information
- Write an ORIGINAL 400-word essay titled “What positive impact will I make on the future?”
|All the best!|
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you've applied for it & especially if you got it! =D