|In 2014, after wrestling with my personal demons, I finally applied for Guru Cemerlang.|
- You give your best as a teacher.
- You love spending time with your students.
- You love being involved & working in 'the field'.
- You love coming up with programmes for your students.
- You constantly develop your skills to be a better teacher.
- You absolutely abhor paperwork.
- You think that paperwork does not benefit your practice or your students.
Chances are you love teaching. You're intelligent & talented. You're probably a practising GC but you think that the GC vetting process is flawed & hopelessly biased against teachers like you. So, you chose not to go for it.
You don't like to appear haughty. So much so that you avoid praise, credit or titles like the plague. You tend to deflect praise or play down your work/success. So, you chose not to go for it.
Also, chances are you've met GCs who are clueless, unimpressive, snobbish or, plainly put, undeserving of the big title which they throw around with pride. You do not wish to be identified with this lot. So, you chose not to go for it.